On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 02:10:20PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

> Tom, I can't envisage a situation where a real game will be disturbed by
> this change.  Can you elucidate please?  Your input may be valuable in
> assuring that the change will have negligible effect.  T-mode would have
> to drop before the new behaviour occurs.  I've not seen many real games
> where this is a problem, apart from dying pickup games, or massive net
> problems during an INL game.

Dying pickup games happen all the time.  Here's an area where the
existing rules fuck up real games; the KLIs take SIR(AGRI) in a
KLI/ROM game, the game drops out of t-mode and reforms as a FED/ROM
game, and now the ROMS have to drop armies on SIR faster than it pops,
because they're not allowed to bomb it.

I just don't see what problem you're trying to solve.

> All: should I consider allowing bombing out of t-mode as a configuration
> option?  That change was not subject to the same discussion.

Absolutely.

> The change in question has been made optional now, as of my latest CVS
> commit.  I never thought people would be so worried about such a minor
> adjustment; we have far larger problems on our plates.

So why implement the change?
 -Tom