On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 09:28:12AM +1000, James Cameron wrote:

> Um, _I_ have database and PHP experience.  ;-)
> I'm planning to teach him PHP.
> I tend to prefer serialize() files over databases due to human
> readability of the data storage.

I have a great project for your kid.  I've got some PHP code from Karthik that
parses the LTD statistics dump and imports it into PHP array objects.  Your
kid can take this code and dump it into PostgreSQL (from PHP) and write some
PHP web pages to sort and print out the contents.  If he completes it, his
result would be tremendously useful to INL, WNL, and heck, maybe even Hockey.

Dave
--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2