On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 06:18:51PM -0500, Mark Mielke wrote:

> Just some examples of how *theoretically* a bot team could be
> significantly better than a human team.

You can easily build bots that fire phasers and torps more efficiently and
more accurately than all players that have and will ever play this game.
It's harder to get a robot to adapt to dynamic strategy.  If today's top
AI computer scientists and strategists came together to build the ultimate
netrek robot team that runs on ASCI White, then it's probably likely that
it would repeatedly beat the best human team we can form (netrek's strategy
space is actually quite small).  Otherwise, I'll put my money on the human
team any day of the week.

--
Dave Ahn | ahn at vec.wfubmc.edu | Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry.  -1/2 jj^2