Hi,

That sounds great.  I actually wanted to do this as an
excercise to learn C and gtk+, but I'm looking forward
to working with others.

Anyway, my plan is to write the thing independently of
COW.  It will configure the options for COW, but it doesn't
need to be done within COW itself.  Basically it just
modifies the xtrekrc on it's own.  Eventually it could
be bundled with COW, but it doesn't have to be...

Right now I plan to just get the GUI done, with message
boxes that pop up saying, for ex: "you toggled tryUdp".
Or "you clicked save...saving xtrekrc".  Eventually I'll
connect these with functions that do the real work...

I'm still learning as I go, so it's all still kinda fuzzy
in my head, but that's my plan.

gerard