Hello guys.
The package for vanilla server is done, and is available there:
http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/plf
Please test, as i make no assumption of it usefulness now. I just checked it
installs properly, and the service script is OK. It is compiled on current
cooker, so you might need to rebuild the src package on your own box to
ensure linking again your current libs.

OK, now here is a bunch of remarks. I had to make some
assumptions, where i could be wrong as i don't know netrek, et take some
decisions that could be discussed:
- i privilegiated 'vanilla' name instead of 'netrek' name everywhere, thus
allowing a possible simultaneous install and use of another server
- only the log directory is owned by games user, as the server has to write
there, all other files are owned by root
- i supposed the server would create log files automatically when needed, so
i didn't created empty one at install
- i used my own service script, as i try to make it similar to my other
packages
- does the server accept HUP to reload its configuration ? If so, i could add
a reload entry to this script.
- gum has no special rights: if you want to edit config files, use it as root.
- gum should really be distributed independantly

And also some problems:
- there is a problem with gmp. It is installed, but configure script fails to
find it. Moreover, it seems to be checked several times:
[guillaume at silbermann guillaume]$ rpm -qa | grep gmp
libgmp3-3.1.1-4mdk
libgmp3-devel-3.1.1-4mdk
configure output:
[..]
checking for gmp.h... no
checking for main in -lmp... no
checking for main in -lgmp... yes
checking res-rsa/configure... RSA utilities found
[..]
checking for gmp.h... yes
checking for mpz_init in -lgmp... no
GMP not found, non-GMP version of librsa will be built.

- i couldn't rebuild the package on mandrake own build host, for a reason i
can't understand. Here is the failure:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/g_rousse/rpm/BUILD/Vanilla-2.9pl7/keycomp'
gcc -g   -I../ntserv -DRSA  -c rsa_keycomp.c
gcc -g  -I../ntserv -DRSA    -DPORT=2592 -c ../ntserv/getpath.c
gcc -g  -I../ntserv -DRSA    -DPORT=2592 -c ../ntserv/data.c
gcc -g  -I../ntserv -DRSA    -DPORT=2592 -o newstartd newstartd.o newaccess.o
 -lnsl -lm
gcc: ../ntserv/getpath.o: No such file or directory
gcc: ../ntserv/data.o: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [newstartd] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/g_rousse/rpm/BUILD/Vanilla-2.9pl7/newstartd
make: *** [startup] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
gcc -g   -I../ntserv -DRSA    -c -o ../ntserv/getpath.o ../ntserv/getpath.c
gcc -g   -I../ntserv -DRSA    -c -o ../ntserv/data.o ../ntserv/data.c
gcc -g   -I../ntserv -DRSA    -c -o rsa_key2cap.o rsa_key2cap.c
gcc -g   -I../ntserv -DRSA  -o rsa_keycomp rsa_keycomp.o ../ntserv/getpath.o
gcc   rsa_key2cap.o   -o rsa_key2cap
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/g_rousse/rpm/BUILD/Vanilla-2.9pl7/keycomp'
error: Bad exit status from /home/g_rousse/rpm/tmp/rpm-tmp.61942 (%build)
As it is a smp box, i highly suspect this is the reason... I'll check with
mandrake, but maybe you could have clues
--
Guillaume Rousse <rousse at ccr.jussieu.fr>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html