On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 05:25:02PM -0800, Trent Piepho wrote:
> If there isn't anything there yet, how about doing it better.

Sure, go ahead.  Getting something out in 30 seconds was all I was
interested in at the time.

> Have the robot send an OGGV packet to the server.  [...]

The handleOggV function in ntserv/socket.c is only defined if either
BASEPRACTICE, NEWBIESERVER or PRETSERVER are defined.  This may not be
sufficient, but it could be a good start.  The function sets PFBPROBOT
bit in p_flags.  Checking this bit may be a better approximation.

> While someone can have a login with robot in it (I've seen several
> people who do), they can't send an oggv packet with a normal client.

I don't think people with a login of "robot" are a problem, although
they may fairly soon learn that this means their slot on the server
is under-reported.  It will be self correcting, perhaps.

> PS, is there an archive of the old CVS repository?

I don't have one.  Maybe Bob does?