On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM, James Cameron <quozl at us.netrek.org> wrote:

> That's something that voice contact does much better, and I'd prefer to
> leave newbie contact fully enabled for that.  There's such an
> educational benefit to being screamed at ... with reason ... in a small
> group of people.

I don't know many people that enjoy being screamed at. Being politely
told what they did wrong is one thing, but having players scream "YOU
F***ING MORON!" at a new player will likely just cause them to quit
and never play again. There are so many other games they can choose
where players are not allowed to do so they'll vote with their feet.

Zach