Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> Ok, I'm toally dissapointed in Matrox. Sure, excellent 2D cards, but the
> 3D on them _sucks_. A lot. Not only under Linux.
>
> I do SO like Dualhead though. Anyone know if the dualhead nvidia GeForce
> cards work under Linux?
>
> -Yaron
>
> --

According the the NVidia FAQ's it does, but I was unable to make my
dual head work in the hour I put into the attempt.  I have had
a long goofy time getting my nvidia card working with 3d correctly,
with problems ranging from a flaky video card to motherboard AGP/
nvidia conflicts.

With a lot of patience and rereading of discussion groups I was
finally able to make it work (note that it really didn't require
much but replacing the video card and eliminating the dozens of
false paths).  At any rate, the 3d struggle dampened my will
to fight the dual head fight.

I'll take a shot at getting dual head to work again sometime in
the next week or so.

Two heads are better than one...
Kent