> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 10:46:16AM -0500, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
> >OS internals is chickenfeed compared to psycho-perceptual models.
>

> Perhaps, but the fact still remains that it's engineers solving problems. No

Engineers and psychologists and statisticians and a whole research team
that's very well-funded. This is University/post-graduate level research,
but with more resources, and more direction. The problem-solving is based
on a lot of historical research and literature.

There *is* literature available, e.g., for psychoacoustical modeling, but
how many people in the enthusiastic open source hacker geek community
actually want to go sit in libraries and read journals in 3-4 different
disciplines to start getting a handle on the problem? Most of the
interested parties I encounter won't read anything that's not on a web
site.

Andy