> What makes you think Qwest can afford to stay in business if they willy
> nilly go chasing after all these special interests who make up a very tiny
> portion of their market (i.e., LUGers)? Isn't that what Covad did, and now
> they're leaving those same customers out in the cold?

Covad closed a few CO's in areas that were just coming up to speed but did
not have a high market value (some of the later midwest development).  Most
people were not affected and nobody in Minnesota has been affected.  They
have left nobody here out in the cold.  Are you thinking of Northpoint?

I believe that there is a good chance that Covad will be leaving its
customers out in the cold in the next 9 months though -- unless they can
move into profitability before all their short-term debt comes due.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net