Good tips for the cdrom. I like them. Sure I can make something work
from that. I was thinking some more about the meters. Maybe it would be
possible to build a prototype with an old sound card. The sound card would
be the makeshift digital to analog converter, and we wouldn't have to
write new drivers. Just software that measures the amount of ram and sends
a different frequency to the sound card. The sound card would then
generate an audio signal. I think that it wouldn't be too hard to find a
simple schematic for a analog frequency counter that could accept output
from the sound card. The meter would fluctuate with the audio frequency
piped into it, which would be varying with the amount of ram in use.

    - Jme

--

   "It's pretty hard to stop a man who eats his toast every morning."