On Fri, 27 Apr 2001, Bob Tanner wrote:

> I "feel" the need for cheap co-lo. BUT I don't want to offer cut-rate service.
> That is why I was looking at the S390.
>
> Ok, the box is not cheap, but it scales. It would be awesome to give linux-vms
> for $50/month AND still keep good service.

But did you ever say how many people you needed to commit to $50/month in
order to make that a viable option?

Really, a colo without bandwidth limitions couldn't really do that low a
rate. Especially in a crowd (us) who's likely to use it if they have it.
There were vendors at Annual Linux Showcase last fall who were offering
something really cheap, like $25/month plus something per 1K/s avg
bandwidth. I'd bet that even with the S390 you'd have to charge for
differential usage, unless you can also shape/cap bandwidth per virtual
computer.

Andy