On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 09:36:02AM -0500, Florin Iucha wrote:
> It's still amazing that a random host was punched 40 times...

I'm keeping an eye on 4 machines with visible IP addresses and, although
40 is a touch high, it seems to be about average at this stage.  My boxes
run from 19 to 55 and most other people seem to be reporting either high
30s or mid 50s.  (Very few 40s though - probably because the ones in the
50s are on the original version's random number list, while only the new
strains are hitting the hosts with smaller numbers of hits.)

In any case, is it really that amazing when there are 240,000+ infected
boxes probing 100 addresses at a time?

--
With the arrest of Dimitry Sklyarov it has become apparent that it is not
safe for non US software engineers to visit the United States. - Alan Cox