There are many ways to encode broadcast messages. Have you ever looked at
how an "NTSC" color TV signal is built on the older black and white TV
signal ?? Do you understand "Quadrature Amplitude Modulation" ?? Or a
"superheterodyne" receiver ?? There is a lot of complex signal analysis
science that I've only heard of, much less understand. Compression
methods, on, and on.

Video capture cards already work, so a high speed broadcast signal is
already available for a computer to decypher.

There are whole libraries devoted to the subject of signal encoding. Much
of it was written by some very wise scientists of nearly a century ago.

The band width is there, the range is there, the commercial time is
there, the hardware is there.