On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 05:00:59PM -0500, Clay Fandre wrote:
> I was reading something about wildcat being ported to Linux. Not sure
> how good it is though.

UGH!  I thought all of Mustang Software sucked, including Qmodem.  A
local board back home converted from an custom Amiga BBS to Wildcat! on
Windows and the BBS went downhill _really_ fast.

It's unfortunate that BBSes dissappeared, but that's just the facts.  It
seems that weblogs have come closest to recreating the community feel of
BBSes.  But I haven't found anything that replaces door games.

I've looked around from time to time at Linux BBS software, but I never
got around the setting one up.  Citadel/UX seemed to be the most
promising on my list.  I believe it's open source and free.

Nate