The rapid consolidation of internet access providers, and the likelyhood
for abuse has stirred me to present this group's findings to Minnesota's
political leadership.

There is no constitutional guarantee more entrenched than the freedom to
communicate. Freedom of the press, speech, assembly, etc., are examples
of this. The fact that communication is migrating to electronic media and
"internet" technology does not alter this guarantee.

Many laws now exist specific to earlier media. Excessive market influence
is already prevented in printed and broadcast media.

Choosing between M$ (Qwest) and ATT is no choice. Conceeding censorship
rights and access control can't be done by imposed contract agreements.
No excuses, no exceptions.

Never in American history has such disproportionate control of
communication been at stake. Our economy is in a takeover phase with many
weakened enterprises wide open to the corporate wolves with access to low
interest money. And protection under law must be established.

Instead of M$ and ATT spending money to eliminate competition, they
should clean up their sickly software. The cigarette companies have
learned that a little users agreement warning label does not protect them
from liability.