On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:28:16 -0600
"Florin Iucha" <florin at iucha.net> wrote:

> C'mon Bill, you know better than that. Just get the Fine SRPM of the kernel
> of choice (386, K7, SMP, Enterprise, whatever) and you'll have the .config
> inside.

Actually, I had no idea that RH had discrete SRPMs for various kernel configurations; that seems easy but kind of inefficient. Is there an SRPM for the pcmcia kernel on the pcmcia.img boot disk?

> What do you need the .config for if you don't have theie [heavili patched]
> sources?

I wasn't aware that RedHat used anything other than generic kernel sources. News to a Slackware guy.

Bill