* Ben Lutgens <blutgens at sistina.com> [011130 12:42]:
> On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 23:03, Scott Dier wrote:
>
> > AT&T is buying the network so they have more network to exact control
> > over. :)
> If you think any of this would be possible without the "Big Guns" the
> likes of say AT&T, U.S.West, and other so called "evil empires" *cough*
> microsoft *cough* you're mistaken.

And?  You think that the statement above implies this? :)  You are so
mistaken.

AT&T and such amuse me mostly because of how they run things.  I dont
see it as bad, I dont see it as good.  Much of it is designed around
operating efficency instead of max cash (they max it well, but not to
'perfect') and max customer happieness.  Its a weird world.

However, I dont agree with the microsoft remark.  Anyone could have
gotten in their position and filled their shoes if they were lucky
enough and willing to rape and pillage everything in their path for a
few years.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

So I ran up to him, and the exchange went something like this:
Me: Oh my god! You're Larry Niven!
Him: Oh my god! You're Wil Wheaton!
	-Wil Wheaton, in a Slashdot interview