* Bill Layer <blayer at qwest.net> [011216 12:21]:
> most of these things in Linux, but for the most part, you can do them more
> easily and with better support and integration under Windows. If we are

I would love to create something like "Linux XP" that has total
intergration and barely a command line in sight.  However, I have no
time to do so, and I mostly focus my efforts on things that help me at
work, which is providing a stable linux end-user desktop to techically
inclined researchers.

Perhaps someday I'll have a chance to work on something I would give my
grandmother, but until then I'm still giving them windows. :| (WinXP is
really amazing for people who are just starting out.)

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

The desire for space travel