Hey everyone,

We're about to order a new Compaq DL380 to be our district's Web server. It
will be running Linux of course. The head geek here wants to buy a Compaq
Remote Insight Board for the machine so it can be managed remotely. His main
concern is that he doesn't know Linux and is afraid that if something goes
wrong he won't be able to fix it. I have some concerns about having to
secure yet another access point to the server. Basically, this board is like
it's own little computer with a NIC and a tiny Web server that any client
can access from a browser. It does support SSL.

More details at http://www.compaq.com/manage/remote-lightsout.html

Anybody used one of these? Any comments?

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/