> My old TNT2 is starting to crap out on me, so I ran out and bought a
> Matrox G450 w/32mb DDR memory, dual VGA-out, etc...  Anyway, I can't get this
> thing to work with X _at all_.  Anyone have one of these cards?

yeah, I've got one.
I made it work with the binary driver from Matrox. it's actually very
straightforward. just DL the binary from Matrox's site (just search for
linux drivers); and insert the .o file from Matrox, in place of the stock
one in XF86.
	reboot and away you go.
	you don't necessarily need the exact same version #, either. I've
been running the binary for X4.0.1, in an X4.0.2 installation; and it makes
note of it at startup time, but seems to work otherwise.
	it's only crashed a few times; and Netscape seemed to be at fault in
all of them. (crashed 3 times in one night, and never again).

I think the srpms from 'wolverine' have some degree of G450 support in them;
when Nate was building X, I saw mention of it go by.
	haven't actually tried it myself yet.

no, I haven't gotten the second head working yet. then again, I haven't
really tried yet.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer