I have ATT (formerly Mediaone).  They do not, will not, nor do I ever think
they will support Linux.  I have complained about a few times.  I have the
39.95 level and am not guaranteed a static IP.  They did change my IP a few
months ago, I called ATT and they could not get my win98 box to connect to
them.  They offered to send someone out to fix the problem.  If it was my
computer I would have to pay a $50 service fee.

My experience:
The download speeds vary depending on the time of day.
I had to use pump for my dhcp.
They keep trying to ring an extra $10 a month out of me by upping my monthly
fee.
I never had to sit on hold for more than 5 minutes with the help(less) desk.
(They do try to help though).
Overall, the service meets my needs.  I have a little server that gets no
traffic, except those that stumble across it.  When my IP changes, I will
have to change the homepage on their web server.

Story:
The night of the install, the install person came out at 7:00pm and decided
that I needed new cable.  He installed that, then installed the equipment
and set up the computer.  He had difficulty doing it.  He called his help
desk but by this time everyone had gone home.  His supervisor called him at
10:00pm and walked him through it.  He was forgetting to reboot after a
certain step.  This guy was there until 10:40 getting this job done.  My
point is that he could have given up and rescheduled the appointment (for a
next month) to finish the job, but he stayed and got the job done pasted his
schedule quitting time.

That's my 3 cents worth.

John Miller
Dain Rauscher Inc.