On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 02:13:47AM -0500, Daniel Taylor wrote:
> In one keystroke I lost several _hours_ worth of state information on my
> mailbox. It took me the better part of an hour to figure out what had
> happened (I originally thought it had crashed since there was no
> feedback). I could then have spent another hour reading the manual,
> finding the config options I wanted, and making the necessary changes.

You could have spent five minutes reading the help screen by pressing
'?'.  That way you would have seen what 'x' does and also that '$' will
save any changes to your mailbox.  Do this often if you keep one folder
open all the time.  I just wish there was a hook in mutt to do this
every n minutes.

Nate