On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 09:50:21AM -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> > If you are tired of that, try Debian. It installs a bare minimum and then asks
> > you what to install, without putting too much in the defaults...
>
> But then you got to think of weird ass stuff you take for granted but
> find its not there one day.
>
> It doesn't even install less!
>
> Or hdparm.
>
> Or a few other things I didn't think of.

Precisely that's the point: If you know you want something, it's a apt-get
away. If not, then you don't have it on the harddrive.

C:> hdparm
Bad command or file name.
C:> apt-get install hdparm

C:> hdparm
<it works now>

florin

--

"you have moved your mouse, please reboot to make this change take effect"

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4