On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, David S. Cargo wrote:

> Needless to say, if you see these attacks coming from various
> places, you should try to let them know they have been infected.
>
> dsc

I'd consider this general netiquette, but in some cases it's hard to
do.  For instance, any time I receive a virus via e-mail (Pine is the
*ULTIMATE* anti-virus, btw) I try to contact the person by phone or e-mail
to let them know they've been infected and I usually send them the link at
sarc.com that goes into detail about the virus.

In this case, it'd be a LOT of work since this worm is so wide
spread.  You'd spend hours tracking down the admin e-mail addresses for
each IP and so forth.  Chances are if a sysadmin is infected, they
already figured it out.

-Brian