> I even went to far as to set up an intranet for commonly used files, EMC test
> reports, phone lists, common web pages and even antivirus updates (I ended up
> having to use login scripts (NT) for antivirus updates, but then they piss
> and moan when their computer reboots even though the script warns them.) but
> I can't even get the hardware engineers to use the intranet, they still come
> to me for hardcopies or CDs for test reports.  Shit, click, open and print
> how hard is that?

at my last job, I had a couple of lusers who had trouble dealing with the
concept of a network. They always came to me, asking for a floppy with a
file on it. (when that selfsame file was perfectly accessible on the
fileserver).

after dealing with this for a while, trying to explain to them how much
easier it is to just access the file over the network; I gave up trying to
use reason, and actively demonstrated at every opportunity how to get the
file over the network. (and refused to give it to them on a floppy unless
they had a good excuse).
	I did eventually have some success. :)

Carl Soderstrom
--