Buy two of those 3.5" to 2.5" adapters and stick the drives in a standard
PC, boot with a Toms rootboot (http://www.toms.net) disk, and do a:
cat /dev/hdb > /dev/hdc  (replace with proper devices of course)

Or buy one adapter, put the drive in a pc, leave the other in your laptop,
and search the archives for "ghetto ghost".

Then you can fdisk it and make a new partition with the extra space at the
end of the drive.  However, I think there's a way to resize e2fs partitions,
though I've never done it.

Jay