No ipchains or iptables, this server is a "work-in-progress" type of deal
i add stuff as i have the time, money, motivation and just the plain guts
to play around with stuff that i probably should not touch. IP-tables is
not high on my list of priorities.

anyways, i played around with it a few more times, rewrote half the file
and restarted xinetd half a dozen times more and it suddenly decided to
work again...

really wierd if you ask me...

 -munir