On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 03:12:30PM -0600, Munir Nassar wrote:
> > 3. Put a sticker on you monitor reminding you to put a blank cd in when
> >    you go to bed.
>
> But this is exactly what i want to do, is there no utility that will do
> this for ext2/3?

Take a look at Mindi and Mondo.

http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/

 From the web page

Mindi

Mindi creates a set of boot/root floppy disk images that will let you
perform basic system maintenance on your Linux distro.

Mondo

Mondo backs up your filesystem to CD's. In the event of catastrophic
data loss, you may restore some or all of your system from those CD's,
even if your hard drives are now blank.

I tried to use it last night, but it seems my XFS kernel was too big.
If you get it working, share with the group.

Nate