Stay the hell away from Network Solutions.  Their customer service sucks,
and they lack a web interface to make changes.  All changes have to be done
through an automated email thing which checks your from: address and makes
it a nightmare if you ever change email addresses.  To get someone on the
phone will take at least an hour on hold.

I have good luck with register.com.  They have a very usable web interface,
and they provide your DNS for free.  It's about the same price as network
solutions, but you get way more for your money.  And getting a customer
service person on the phone is quite easy with them also.

If you want to go cheap, joker.com is OK.  But, they are located in germany,
and if you have problems their customer service people don't speak very good
english.  And, DNS through them costs extra which I think brings the cost
close to what register.com charges.

Jay