> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 09:16:18AM -0600, Jeremy Shawley wrote:
> > Can you give some reasons why you will be happy when they will be
> > gone? I hope you can come up with something better than "It doesn't
> > run linux". If you are going to say things like this, please make some
> > justifications.
>
> Believe it or not, it's not that it doesn't run Linux that's my problem.
> It's that wonderful oganically grown filesystem layout that IRIX seems
> to love so dearly.  Every system is different, but every time I log on
> to an IRIX box, I get this queasy feeling that "something is wrong with
> the force."
>
> > At anyrate, just have the decency to give some justification to your
> > argument, as far as we know, you are just a really bad sysadmin and
> > don't know how to admin the systems.
>
> You know.  I don't really need to give you more reason that personal
> preference.  That's what's wonderful about operating systems and being
> putting on the BOFH hat every once and a while.  You are correct that
> you can assume no more than you know from the comment, especially if you
> reference no other emails to this list posted by yours truely.  If you
> want to assume that I'm a bad admin, then go ahead.  If you want to
> assume that I have lice, eat goldfish, and live under your bed, than I'm
> your boogie-man.

I apologize, I did not mean to insult you, I just hate unqualified
statements. It's just nice to see some justification for why someone hates
something. I just reminded me of the the old famous "Macintosh Sucks"
statements.  And when you would ask the question "Well, why does it suck".
You get back answers like "because" and " it just does". No real meat to the
content of why that particular thing was sucking.

I am new to this newsgroup, so I have not seen many emails from you. I am
sure you are a very qualified admin, and I was just caught on a bad day.
Please accept my apologies and I meant no ill will by what I said.

I do think that IRIX is a great OS for what it does, its not great all around
and has it's short commings, but I would trust my data and important
information to IRIX befor I would linux. Thats just my opinion.

-Jeremy