> > I'm looking for a tool under linux that can figure out database schemas when all
> > you got is an ODBC datasource.
> Bob, I don't remember the name right now but it's something in Perl. It can
> query a database and extract the  schema. Spend some time on CPAN and you'll
> find it. If my memory returns, I will post again.

http://alzabo.sourceforge.net/

it's some sort of database abstraction/caching tool for perl; but it also
has the ability to reverse-engineer the database schema.

the developer is actually a local guy, I saw him give a presentation on it
once. It only supports MySQL and Postgres at the moment. I asked him about
supporting MS SQL; he said it shouldn't be that difficult... few hundred
lines of code.
dunno enough about databases to know how ODBC fits into that.

He admits freely that the interface sucks (it does... but then again, dbase
interfaces are rarely intuitive); but it's web-based, so it's very portable.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises