> I used to delete the lock file in .netscape/ so that I could have two
> browswer windows open.  I now open additional
> browser windows from within NS and not from the command line.
> (So, I did/do things a little backwards sometimes...)

Use netscape-remote to open a new browser window from the command line.

netscape -remote action

Actions can be:
openURL ( )
	Prompts for a URL with a dialog box.
openURL (URL)
	Opens the specified document without prompting.
openURL (URL,new-window)
	Create  a new window displaying the specified document.
openFile ( )
              Prompts for a file with a dialog box.
mailto ( )
              pops up the mail dialog with the To: field empty.
mailto (a, b, c)
              Puts  the  addresses  "a,  b, c" in the default To: field.

netscape -remote 'openURL(http://www.jimpick.com),new_window)'

Full documentation is at (or at least used to be...):
http://www.netscape.com/newsref/std/x-remote.html

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little