On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 07:48:20AM -0500, Mike Hicks wrote:
> Wow, this one must be pretty nasty to get Microsoft to go against it:
>
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-7617315.html?tag=mn_hd

MS?  That's nothing:

"The Motion Picture Association of America endorses the goals of
Hollings' plan but stops short of actually embracing the proposed
legislation itself."

I never thought I'd see the day that the _MPAA_ opposed a content-
restriction plan.  Hell, I thought they were the ones buying the
SSSCA (which is the proposal the article is about) in the first
place...

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery