On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 04:03:05PM -0600, Rodney G. Garayt wrote:
> I'm still trying to understand some of the particularities of the Linux file
> system - how it's organized and in particular what happens when installing
> software.  I'm very familiar with windows but haven't gotten the hang of it on
> Linux yet.  Your response leads me to this question:  If a "fake windows
> partition in your /home/Rodney/ directory" gets created, does that mean that
> only Rodney will be able to access it?  Will other users be able to access it
> also?

Wine can map Windows drive letters to linux directories.  For example,
CodeWeavers CrossOver Office v1.0.0 set up the following drive mappings
by default on my Red Hat 7.3 beta machine:

C:   fake_windows (${HOME}/cxoffice/dotwine/cxoffice/fake_windows)
M:   /mnt/cdrom
X:   /tmp
Y:   ${HOME}
Z:   /

--
Joel Schneider               Yan Xin Qigong in Minneapolis
joel at joelschneider.net       http://yanxinqigong.minneapolis.mn.us/