On Fri, 2002-08-02 at 07:18, John wrote:
> On Thursday 01 August 2002 09:44 pm, you wrote:
> >
> > On a side note, I keep getting the Linux fund credit cards
> > solicitations in the mail.  This is issued by MBNA bank.  Anyone
> I don't have one but I did open the web site and they are
> advertising it at the top of the page.

I think better solicitiations come in the mail from other providers than
MBNA.  Even though I'm wearing my free linuxfund t-shirt, I still think
that the card I've got is better. (prime+4.99% (~9.7%), 0% purchases and
transfers for the next 12 months, waived annual fee forever, citibank
citi.you card)  Unless you've got worrysome credit, I would avoid MBNA.
Also, when I closed my account with them they said I still owed them $12
even though there was no money left in the account!  And I closed the
account in good standing -0- balance and they tell the credit reporting
agencies that I'm 90 days overdue!  I think linuxfund was ~15% or so.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/