Another interesting question, how many linux magazines would there be if
we didn't have Microsoft paying top $$ for ad space.

Hey, I work in open source, maybe if I put a .NET bumper-sticker on my
car Microsoft would make my car payments!  Then I wouldn't need to bill
so many hours and could spend more time working on my project ;)

Personally, I can't think of a better use for Microsoft's money than
inadvertently funding open source.  It's pretty hilarious.

-David