Has anyone done it? If so, where can I find the software to install it? I have
heard of Yellow Dog Linux, but it looks like it does not run on this model.

I have access to an Apple PowerBook 1400c laptop that currently has Mac OS 9 on
it. It is very slow. I am unfamiliar with Mac anything and would much rather have
Linux on it. What are my options?

Also, the laptop has a MPC-100 PCMCIA 10/100 Ethernet card that is made by
'Macsense'. Is there any chance that this would be supported? The manufacturer has
no linux info. on their web site that I could find. The card is supposed to work
with any of the following howwever:

  MacOS 7.5.3 and up, Win95 OSR2, Win98, NT 3.51/4.0, and NetWare 3.x/4.x.

If I cannot get the NIC to run, the laptop will be useless to me. When I have used
laptops and Linux in the past, the NIC has always been integrated (not PCMCIA) and
they have worked well.

Thanks,
Mike