Nate Straz wrote:

> I've seen ads for the "Super Computer Sale" at Canterbury Park this
> weekend.  Do people really find good deals at this show?  Is it worth
> going?
>
> I've been to some shows in the past, but I don't find their $8 admission
> charge worth the show.  Compared to online prices, I don't see the
> point.
>
> What does everyone else think?  Should I just find a good online shop or
> is it worth driving to Shakopee this weekend to find some deals?
>
> Nate
>
> P.S. I'm shopping for storage at the moment, probably a few IDE drives
> and an extra controller.

Good luck finding standalone controllers.  I went to the last
sale at the Fairgrounds looking for an IDE RAID card for
my Windoze box, and came up bust.  Plenty of vendors with
plenty of motherboards w/onboard RAID, but no standalone IDE
RAID cards, and I don't think I saw any standalone
IDE cards at all at any of the vendor booths.

Brian