On Tuesday 29 January 2002 07:24 pm, you wrote:

> > Another option would be one of the for-free mailing list services,
> > which are  supported by ads placed in the emails.  The ads are
> > annoying, but they do  work.
>
> Then we have several options:
>
> Munir has several CPU's, video and NIC cards laying about I am sure if
> we ganged up on him at the install fest and threatened bodily harm to
> him he would cough some stuff up. Alternatively we could ask him nicely.
> (besides we have too much junk that isn't being used.)

not enough junk to put together a PC, mostly what is missing is MoBos and
cases...

> The CPU's are mainly Pentium 90's I think. If a 486 can cover our needs
> then the Pentium 90 should be more than enough.

the current mailing list box is a PPro 200 with SCSI, you want to
downgrade and expect better performance? - Check Bob Tanners post on the
issue...

> As for the connection to the net; well again, what is needed? Munir is
> the RedConcepts sysadmin. He's been working on setting up a DMZ. If he
> can get that up and running it would free up some IP adresses so it
> could potentially be hosted with us.

i should explain networking more sometime...

> Of course, Munir doesn't know I am making all these offers. *grin*

good hing you are not at home...