Sup William,

I'm about the same Linux age as you and I've found a lot of help on the
net.
www.linux.org and most ditribution website have free courses for newbes
like us.

As far as HTML, "HTML 4 Visual Quickstart Guide" is a good start.  It
also makes a great reference book in case you forget stuff after a
while.  There are some really good books on PHP out there, just can't
remember them right now.

You already got a good start though, most mailing list I've seen are
full of people willing to help.  Hope your Linux experience goes as good
as mine has.  I'm sure you'll love it here.

Chris Frederick