From: tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-admin at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Seg
Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 1:52 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Cc: tclug-jobs at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Jobs

Jobs list seems kind of dead. Sorry about the cross posting.

I'm really in need of a job. I'd really like some kind of computer work,
however
my total lack of professional experience in anything but a little phone
support
and hardware monkeying seems to be a large stumbling block. I have taken
a few
classes at hennepin tech, for SQL database design and C++, but no
diploma. I've
been programming since I was 9 years old and am otherwise self taught.
I'd
really like to get a job doing web development, I consider myself adept
at PHP,
perl, and SQL. There seems to be plenty of demand on job sites for
VB/ASP/SQL
Server and other such microsoftness, but none for unix. They probably
want years

I'd also be happy to do some sys/net admin work, but no one seems to
advertise
'jr' admin jobs. (Hence this message ;P) I'm certainly not ready for a
Sr admin
job. I'd also be happy to just do hardware again. (I got myself an A+
just for
kicks a few years ago)

So if anyone or their company is looking for someone who has little
professional
experience but learns quick and can design a relational database and
hack a perl
script or two give me a call. :)

Unfortunately I really don't have anything I've coded online right now.
I'm
currently working on a web store for Spencer, but its not ready for
prime time
yet...
Minnesota
http://www.mn-linux.org