* Matthew S. Hallacy <poptix at techmonkeys.org> [020303 04:35]:
> On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 07:15:56AM -0600, Carl & Paula Zeilon wrote:
> >            Does the 2x rule still apply for the swap partition?  This
> > seams like overkill (and a waste of drive space).
> The 2x rule has never been really valid, it doesn't work for systems with

The reasoning for the 2x rule for 2.4.x before 2.4.10 was that the Rik's
previous vm could do preswapping, which only really worked right if you
had double the mappable space than what you had physically.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/
[Of course, if I put any sort of opinion or funny statement in my .sig anymore