Florin Iucha wrote:

> Do not put two harddrives on the same IDE channel.
>
> But I suspect you already have something on the second channel (CD-ROM)
> so my suggestion is to get out and get a PCI IDE controller (Promise,
> Maxtor, Whatever) and connect your 80gigger to that controller.

I have the PCI controller plugged in and the drive plugged into that, but I
can't for the life of me figure out how to mount the drive!  I scoured the
Maxtor site, Redhat, Promise Tech site, googled all over, and found nothing.
Am I missing something?  Regardless if the drive is attached via PCI IDE
controller it should be mountable as /dev/hdd (or whatever the drive letter
is), right?

Does anyone else use a PCI IDE controller card?

David