On Wed, 8 May 2002, Wayne Johnson wrote:
> My school is moving to Plymouth.  Unfortunatly the new location does
> not have DSL.  We are looking at cable modem, but they don't offer
> static IP addresses yet.
>
> ANyone have any low cost alternatives?  Anyone still using ISDN?

If it's a school, many times you can negotiate really good deals on T1's.
But, no matter what, you'll pay $300-$500/mo, because of the circuit
charge for your end. Note that for the dirt-cheap T1's, you'll often be
really limited on bandwidth consumption, but it's nice to be able to burst
to 1.544mb.. just need to watch the graphs and make sure you don't use too
much bandwidth.

Does RoadRunner Cable service the area, or is it AT&T? If it's RoadRunner,
you should be able to get their business cable -- 768/768 with 16 IP's for
around $100/mo.

ISDN is still available (we still have a bunch of customers on it.. so
that's why we have to keep the McLeod PRI's around *sigh*), but it's
fairly expensive -- $80/mo for the phone line, plus ISP fees, which vary
depending on which ISP you go with, and the type of service you want.