"destr0" <joellist at litriusgroup.com> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I have a server with several virtually hosted sites on it, located and a out-of-state hosting facility.  What I'd like to do is have something run on my local machine, that hits these websites to see if they are up every day, and send me an email if they are not.  Is there a utility or script already available to do the job?

There are lots of monitoring packages; some are probably a *lot* more
trouble to configure than you really need, though.  Names that come to
mind include Big Brother and Big Sister (different packages).  And
wasn't the presentation at the last meeting on a monitoring package?
Or is it getting too late at night to post?
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net  /  New TMDA anti-spam in test
 John Dyer-Bennet 1915-2002 Memorial Site http://john.dyer-bennet.net