Hello All,

I am usually in the habit of forcing my network servers to
100 Mbps Full Duplex instead of rolling the dice with auto
negotiation (Netware and NT/W2K boxes).  We have had some
problems in the past and forcing them leaves nothing to
question.  I have done some googling and looked for how to
do this on Linux.  I have seen some refernces to a options
0x16 or 0x32 and also some stuff like 100FD added to the
config.  I have a couple of questions for the group.

1. Is it a good or bad idea to force duplex on Linux?

2. If good, does anyone know the correct syntax and where
to add it or at least a good source to find the answer?  Is
this specific to the NIC you have in the box?

3. When I do an ifconfig I don't see it listed as to the
mode 100 full or half, is there anyway to determine this?

I am running RH 7.1, 2.4 kernel with a Intel Pro 100 nic.

Regards,

rotbau