I can think of a couple things.  One possibility is that there wre two
versions of your card made...one with the SCSI BIOS and one without.  You
might have the version without, or the card may have a firmware version
that doesn't have a SCSI BIOS.  You may want to check their website and
see if there are firmware updates.
It's also possible that there are jumpers on the card to enable or disable
the SCSI BIOS.
These are all things that I've seen in my dealings with SCSI adapters,
though i've never dealt with AdvanSys, as far as i can recall.
- Kremer