I'm running a dual Pentium III 800 and a dual Athlon 1800+ as corporate
application, file, and print servers, and they both perform extremely well.
The Athlon is much faster than the Pentium, as it should be.  The Pentium
box has been running continuously for a bit over a year, the Athlon for about
2 months.

I wouldn't hesitate to go with a dual MB, Athlon or otherwise.