On Tuesday 29 October 2002 02:26 pm, Yaron wrote:
>   Hey,
>
> I've got a multihomed network right now, and I want Squid to go out
> through the (much faster) cable. However, squid lives on a machine with
> other functions that need to go out through the (much more reliable and
> static) DSL.
>
> Yes, I have a lot of junk machines lying around, but proxy servers like to
> have a lot of RAM and diskspace, and I don't have any large drives or
> large amounts of RAM lying around (:
>
> Anyone know if there's a way to do this, maybe on the networking level?
>
> -Yaron

You will want to look into the ip command. I belive there is some stuff for
multiple internet connections.  It was pretty vauge in the documentation, but
some googleing will turn up some things that might be of use.

Another possibility is using iptables/chains .  On some more advanced
routers/switches they have redirection filters, to basicly redirect packets
to a different router than what is in the routing table.  Not sure if linux
has anything like that.

Jay

--
Jay Kline